Now Boarding is looking for individuals who share our commitment to animals to join our team as a part-time Boarding Specialist. Now Boarding staff are passionate about providing caring, safe, and fun experiences for pets while their owners are away. We treat each and every animal in our care as if they were our own precious pets.
You’ll love the variety of working at Now Boarding, from the mix of services we offer, to all the types of companion animals we get to see. Working with animals isn’t always the most glamorous work, it can take a little extra dedication, patience, and flexibility, but it’s always worth it.
At Now Boarding, we treat our customers like friends and family. They continue to come to us because they know we pour our hearts into caring for their animals, and take pride in watching their pets grow up happy and healthy.
A career with Now Boarding is rewarding in so many ways. The profits from Now Boarding directly support the work of Animal Humane Society. So you can care for animals while their owner is away, while supporting other animals who are still looking for their perfect new home.
You’ll also receive discounts on Now Boarding and Animal Humane Society services, programs, and retail – perfect for an animal lover like you. Now Boarding provides an appreciative and open work environment featuring meaningful employee recognition programs, staff parties, and opportunities for growth. All while working alongside amazing animals, and passionate co-workers in a thoughtfully designed facility that is great for both humans and animals alike.
Can you see a career for yourself helping us care for the animals? Apply today!
Pay-rate: Training wage: $11.50/hour. After successful completion of required training: $12/hr.
Schedule: This position is part-time and expected to average 20-28 hours a week. Sundays are expected.
There are two schedule expectations:
Sundays expected, the remainder of shifts will be weekday shifts and an occasional Saturday. Most holidays expected.
This position has a probationary training period of 3 months. During that period the wage is $11.50/hr. After successful completion the employee will see a raise to $12/hr.
- Excellent customer service skills including good communication, attention to detail, and time management
- Responsibly work with companion animals of all shapes and sizes: dogs, cats, birds, exotics, insects, etc
- Exhibit excellent attention to details around: feeding; cleaning suites and animal messes regularly; safe handling and exercising of all animals
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance while under pressure to complete a variety of specific tasks
- Ability to show compassion, patience, and enthusiasm while interacting with the animals in our care
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, nights, weekends, and most holidays
- Prior experience with responsible animal care preferred